My recommendations of natural remedies and optimizers
I have personal experience with most herbs and remedies on this site, but I’m no trained doctor. I rely solely on my own research, experimentations and experience. Always do your own research and consult with professionals if you have medical conditions or combining remedies and/or with medicines.
Most of the food we eat today is enormously deficient in nutrients compared to the times pre-industrialization, meaning most of us are deficient in vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
Adaptogens is a wide class of plants which balances hormones, and may treat a tremendous amount of symptoms and misalignments, and maximize physiological and mental resilience.
Nootropics is a class of (primarily) cognitive enhancing supplements, and a central constituent in bio-hacking.
The kickstarter of ketosis, and essential to the ketogenic diet.
MCT (medium chain triglycerides) is a group of fatty acids derivative of coconut-oil. We are primarily interested in the C8 fatty acid, but also C10
CQ10 with piperine (black pepper extract) helping absorption.
- Mitochondrial function
Choline / Inositol
This is a quote block with a short quote.
Choline + Inositol
Choline – precursor to myelin (isolation layer for neural pathways) and acetylcholine (most abundant neurotransmitter). Choline helps learning (babies have super high amounts, which is partly why they learn fast!) and maintenance of the brain.
Inositol = B8 vitamin; helps combat insulin resistance and fatty liver.
I strongly recommend taking choline when using nootropics such as Modafinil.
5-HTP is the precursor to the neurotransmitter serotonin and the hormone melatonin.
- mood and depression
- fatigue (fibromyalgia)
- Essentials to Northlings at the dark side of the year
- Strengthen the immune system
- Take together with fatty foods
- Make sure to take magnesium as vitamin D competes for uptake, and might leave you deficient. Take at separate times.
Magnesium is the most abundant and crucial mineral we have. Its involved in literally all physiological processes in our body, and most of us is deficient. It might relieve depression and migraine, help memory, fix sleep related problems, digestive functions, recover muscles faster and relieve cramps. There`s a wast array of different types of magnesium, and a high quality product is crucial for absorption; everything else just helps constipation (#disasterpants). Here’s my favorites;
- High bioavailability
- Great for improving sleep
- Cheaper than L-Theronate
- Take one hour before bed.
Magnesium L-Threonate (Magtein)
The most fancy (and expensive) form of magnesium. It`s not in a salt- transporter like most other forms, but is actually an amino acid.
- Best for cognitive performance and improved memory
- Shown to reverse alzheimer’s disease in rats
- Very easily absorbed, and crosses blood-brain barrier.
- Enhances mitochondrial function, synaptic density and neuroplasticity.
- Take in the morning
Magnesium Chloride, Malate, Citrate.
The cheaper and popular choices of magnesium, with fair to good absorption rate.
- Take in morning and evening
- Might have laxative effect (except malate)
History reaching thousands of years back in chinese and Ayurvedic medicine. Powerful herbs to stay young, strong and vital. These are gentle remedies which requires one to three months to take full effect, and some share many of the effects of nootropics.
- Cortisol-killer nr 1.
- Lowering stress
- Balancing blood sugar and helps insulin resistance.
- Brain (and overall) health
- Combat flues and diseases
- Migraine relieve
- Cognitive health
Lavender, Rosemary and Spearmint
The three sisters;
- Lavender; the sedative
- Rosemary; the cognitive revitalizer
- Spearmint; testosterone fighter and cognitive enhancer
- May preserve memory
- Lower anxiety
- Super nutritious!
- stabilizes blood-sugar
- General brain health
Powerful inflammation fighter; absorption may be up to 2000% better when taken together with piperine (black pepper /extract).
Contains L-Dopa, precursor to the neurotransmitters dopamine and serotonin.
- Cognitive performance
- Stronger dreams
- Greatly increase fertility in men
Reishi and Shitake mushroom
- Natural nootropic
- Natural energy and focus
- Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant effect
- Regulate blood-sugar
- Lots of nutrients
- Energy without interacting with sleep
- Better learning and memory
Nootropics and Stimulants
Cognitive optimizers; the limitless drugs. Always start with low doses and work your way up to desired effect.
- Norwegians primary source of antioxidants
Food of the Gods; cultivated for 3500 years.
- Antioxidants, magnesium, potassium,
- 1/20th amount of the caffeine in coffee
- Releases endorfine
South Americas primary stimulant
- Stimulant like coffee
- Regulate blood-sugar
Developed for the French air-force for long missions.
- Focus and alertness
- Not a stimulant like coffee
- Enhances effects of caffeine
- Greatly combat effects of sleep-deprivation
- Go-to chemical nootropic
- My recommended dosage; 25mg-50mg every second day in periods of high workload.
Green/ Black Tea
Why chess players and Zen masters drink green tea;
A great nootropic when microdosed (10-20mg a day), sub psychedelic dosage.
- Anxiety and stress
- Quit smoking
A natural amino acid found in green tea and Macha.
- Calm and stabile focus
- Synergistic with caffeine, calming the “gitter” and unrest, and concentrate focus
- Deeper meditation
- Feeling of cognitive robustness and wakeful relaxation
- Promotes sleep
An entheogen containing “harmala” alkaloids, one of the constituents in Ayahuasca. Syrian Rue is used in traditional medicine for at least 3000 years in northern Africa, middle east, India and Asia.
Product <a href="http://<a target="_self" href="http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5575579626&toolid=10001&campid=5338670643&customid=Syrian+Rue&mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fitm%2FHerbasense-Peganum-Harmala-Esfand-Seeds-Harmal-Wild-Rue-Seed%2F114159146838%3Fhash%3Ditem1a946a5756%3Am%3AmtRIbftg8LQdJdTQWMUd3RA">http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5575579626&toolid=10001&campid=5338670643&customid=Syrian+Rue&mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fitm%2FHerbasense-Peganum-Harmala-Esfand-Seeds-Harmal-Wild-Rue-Seed%2F114159146838%3Fhash%3Ditem1a946a5756%3Am%3AmtRIbftg8LQdJdTQWMUd3RA</a>link